Documents from an office in the Department of Health and Human Services reveal 33 instances of sexual abuse against unaccompanied illegal immigrant children stopped at the US border, according to a report.
The documents obtained from the Office of Refugee Resettlement show the sexual abuse happened between Jan. 21 and Feb. 25, right after President Biden took office and began reversing or ending many of his predecessor’s immigration policies.
The minors were in the care of agencies contracted with the US government.
Fox News obtained the 41 pages of documents from watchdog group Judicial Watch, which sued HHS through the Freedom of Information Act.
“These documents show that not only are there shocking reports of sexual abuse occurring in shelters for unaccompanied children, but that there is violence among the UACs themselves,” Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton said in a statement to Fox News.
“It is no surprise that Biden administration’s enabling of human trafficking has resulted in violence and the abuse of children,” he said.
Of the 33 instances, 10 involved both “staff” and “non-staff” sexually abusing the children, 21 of the cases happened between minors and two reports were filed between a child and “other.”
The identities of the alleged victims and attackers were not divulged, nor were the incident reports of the abuse.
The documents also show that an unaccompanied illegal immigrant reported that a 17-year-old boy from Guatemala had been physically assaulted by his roommate at the Baptist Children and Family Services shelter in Baytown, Texas.
The alleged victim did not talk about the attack with shelter officials and was moved from the room.
The incident also was not reported to Child Protective Services or local police.
Published on: Article source