A 15-year-old boy was busted for allegedly stabbing another teen in the head in a fight over a girl at a troubled Bronx high school — hours before the school was locked down for a shooting threat, police said Thursday.
The suspect, whose name was not released because of his age, was arrested around 8 p.m. Wednesday and charged with attempted murder, assault and criminal possession of a weapon, according to the NYPD.
The teen allegedly stabbed his fellow classmate at Harry S. Truman High School in Co-Op City after the victim previously warned the attacker to stay away from his girlfriend, according to school sources.
The victim was stabbed in the face or neck and taken to Jacobi Hospital, where he expected to survive, cops said.
News of the arrest broke Thursday just hours after the NYPD’s Counterterrorism Bureau swept the school for a gun in response to a shooting threat circling around social media, school sources said.
The search came up empty and the NYPD ruled the threat not credible.
Parents though scrambled to pull their kids out of the school after the anonymous Snapchat message was realized.
“I will shoot up the school Thursday September 30th. Whoever reads this, this is good, warning this is not a joke, this is an active threat,” the Snapchat message read.
Frightened mother, Jessica Nieves, told The Post she was at the high school to take her two children, aged 14 and 16, out of classes early due to the threat.
“There was a stabbing yesterday and another one last week,” Nieves said.
“Now there’s a shooting threat. I am considering pulling my kids out of the school for good.”
“The safety of our schools is our first priority and, out of an abundance of caution, we immediately responded to an alleged threat at the Truman campus, which was then deemed not credible,” a school’s spokesman said. “We continue to have a substantially increased NYPD and school safety presence on site and counseling services are available to students.”
Published on: Article source