Jake Ehlinger, a former University of Texas linebacker, died in May by an accidental overdose of “what was believed to be Xanax laced with toxic drugs including deadly Fentanyl,” his family said in a statement obtained by ESPN.
“As our family continues to process Jake’s death, we felt it was important to share these details with the hope that Jake will not have died in vain,” the Ehlinger family said. “We pray that sharing Jake’s story will help shed light on this problem and prevent other families from also tragically losing a loved one.”
Ehlinger played at Texas for two seasons after joining the team in 2019 as a walk-on.
Longhorns coach Steve Sarkisian called the linebacker’s death “a tragedy beyond measure.”
Published on: Article source