A baked beans fan says he may never be able to eat his favorite food again – after he found an “eye” in his can.
Martin Ford, 54, opened up the Branston Baked Beans for his dinner after a busy day working on a construction site.
He had bought the tin just seven days previously as part of a multipack of four from his local Tesco in Plymouth, Devon, United Kingdom.
But the laborer was a sight for sore eyes after he fished out what looked like a pupil from the bowl just moments after he had heated it up.
Martin told The Sun: “I nearly fainted, I have felt sick ever since.”
“I’m a strong stomached sort of guy and absolutely love beans for my tea but I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to eat them again.”
“I’d had a hard day at work and was desperate for a quick dinner. Beans are my go-to so I quickly whacked a tin open, poured it into a bowl and put it straight on the hob.”
“I grabbed a fork and dived in. It was then I that I saw an eye staring at me through the beans.”
Martin added: “I absolutely love beans but I’m not sure I’m going to be able to have them again after this.”
Branston claimed the discovery was caused by mold.
A company spokesperson said today: “The photograph would appear to show mold that will have developed due to a small perforation that has allowed air to enter.
“Damage to a can such as this is a rare occurrence and will most likely have happened when the can was in transit or in-store.
“We will contact the consumer to investigate further, and we sincerely apologize for any concern this has caused.”
A Food Standards Agency spokesperson said: “We have been made aware of an incident involving an object found inside a tin of beans.”
“We are currently looking into this along with the relevant authorities.”
Published on: Article source