Talk about a pod-cast!
After broadcasting her shame to the world, a woman named Carli Bellmer is going viral for a series of TikTok posts in which she claimed she accidentally mistook her Apple AirPod for ibuprofen, swallowed it whole and ultimately pooped it out — but not before the device blasted a voice memo from inside her stomach.
“So like, I ate my f- -king left AirPod,” a blubbering Bellmer, 27, better known to her 3,200 followers as @IamCarliiib, explained in a video that’s garnered over 2.4 million views.
“I was crawling into bed and I had an ibuprofen 800 in one hand and my f–king AirPod — my left earbud — in the other,” she continued while TikTok’s infamous “Oh No” doomsday track played lightly in the background.
Bellmer, a podcaster and licensed esthetician from Boston, said she then mindlessly popped what she thought was the anti-inflammatory pill in her mouth and quickly flushed it down with a swig of water. feel
“I then realized that it wasn’t the ibuprofen,” she sobbed. “I tired puking it and it won’t come out, and I’m f–king losing my mind.”
The video cuts to a less weepy explanation of why she wanted to share the mind-boggling mishap online.
“I’m not the first to do this and I definitely won’t be the last,” Bellmer insisted, noting that TikTok had removed her video from their platform several times before the app ultimately deemed it permissible. She believed the clip was repeatedly flagged due to some visible marijuana paraphernalia in her home. “So for educational purposes, I wanted to share my journey of how this is all going,” she said.
Unsurprisingly, Bellmer’s claim that she confused the Apple product for a pain killer was met with some serious social media skepticism.
“How do you mix up ibuprofen and an AirPod?” one suspicious cyber critic questioned. “Sound like cap to me,” wrote another, suggesting that Bellmer was lying about the ordeal for internet clout.
However, others sympathized with her.
“In her defense,” a TikTok user stated, “Ibuprofen 800 are huge so they do sorta resemble an AirPod if you’re distracted.”
Apple did not immediately respond to The Post’s request for comment on the potential dangers of AirPod swallowing.
But in a follow-up post, Bellmer assured inquiring minds that an x-ray examination confirmed that the AirPod had exited her stomach by way of defecation.
“An x-ray showed that I passed it,” she informed a commenter who expressed concerns over her well-being in the wake of the swallowing incident. “I had a feeling that I passed it. I did not retrieve it, but I know that it’s passed. I know that it was in my stomach and no longer is.”
But before she pooped out the earpiece, Bellmer sent her friend a voice memo that the AirPod — which apparently was still connected to her iPhone — audibly transmitted from inside her belly.
She shared her tummy audio in a third post, writing in the video’s closed captions: “It’s comical now, but very scary at the time.”
And Bellmer was right about not being the first person to endure a harrowing earbud-eating experience.
In February, a Worcester, Massachusetts, man named Bradford Gauthier nearly choked after accidentally swallowing his AirPod while he was sleeping.
But unlike Bellmer’s bowel-movement retrieval, Gauthier’s device was surgically dislodged from his esophagus and returned to him as a functioning earbud that still “works fine.”
Published on: Article source