Another week, another pathetic showing from the Jets defense.
While Zach Wilson showed some progress, at least in the first half Sunday, the Jets defense was an atrocity, losing 33-18 to the Eagles to fall to 3-9 on another lowly season. The Eagles did not punt until 1:54 remaining — in the game. That’s unheard of.
The good thing is Wilson looked a lot better than last week’s winning effort, and the Jets hope he can continue to get better and have a complete game without throwing a pick.
To break down Wilson’s performance and the loss, we bring you a new episode of the “Gang’s All Here” podcast with Brian Costello and me, including a chat with The Post’s Steve Serby.
Gang’s All Here Podcast with Jake & Coz:
- DEFENSE/DISRESPECT: The defense was ground down by the Eagles. They made Gardner Minshew and Dallas Goedert look great. We play C.J. Mosley’s postgame comments on the Eagles not respecting the Jets. Mosley came from Baltimore where there was a standard. There is no standard of winning here.
- ZACH’S DEVELOPMENT: He showed progress in the first half and made some big plays. The chemistry is there between him and receiver Elijah Moore. Wilson took a step in the right direction Sunday. He still threw an interception and has thrown one in every game he’s played.
Steve Serby Interview:
NY Post sports columnist
- WILSON: He was a bright spot Sunday and took baby steps.
- DRAFT: Need to draft a cornerback and a pass rusher with their top two picks.
- “NEW YORK SUCK EXCHANGE”: Hard to respect a team that has such a bad defense. They somehow did not prepare for Minshew. They looked unprepared.
- ELIJAH MOORE: He’s an electric, fiery player. He’s going to be a stud. Joe Douglas nailed that pick.
Catch up on all episodes of “Gang’s All Here,” a New York Jets podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Coz and Jake on Twitter @BrianCoz and @JakeBrownRadio. New episodes of the podcast drop Mondays and Thursdays.
Published on: Article source