Twelve days into 2023, why not challenge yourself to read 12 books this year? If books aren’t your thing, you can challenge yourself to read twelve articles a month. While this article focuses on setting and reach your goals related to books, the overall motivation to improve yourself and empower your perspective is not limited to books. 2023 is poised to be a year you can seek and find personal development that works for you.
Reading books is a great way to expand your knowledge, learn new skills, and gain insight into different perspectives. If you’re looking for ways to read more books in the coming year, this article will provide some tips on how to read 12 books a year or more! We’ll discuss strategies such as setting goals, creating an action plan and using technology to help you reach your reading goals. So let’s get started – here’s how to read 12 books a year!
Set goals for your reading year
If you love reading and want to read more books this year, setting goals is a great way to stay motivated and on track. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Decide how many books you want to read in a year. A good goal to start with is 12 books, one per month.
2. Choose a mix of different genres and types of books. Include some fiction, non-fiction, modern books, classical books, and books by indie and famous authors.
3. Join or start a book club. Reading with others is a great way to stay motivated and discuss what you’re reading.
4. Take part in a book challenge. There are many online challenges that you can participate in, such as the Goodreads Reading Challenge.
5. Set aside time each day or week to read. Even just 20-30 minutes a day can make a big difference.
6. Keep a reading journal. Recording what you read and your thoughts on the books can help you reflect on your progress and keep track of your favourite books.
7. Most importantly, enjoy yourself! Reading should be fun, so make sure to find books that you love and look forward to reading.
Make use of spare time to read
If you prefer a like a list of ways to make better use of spare time:
1. Join or start a book club 2. Read fiction and nonfiction books outside of your comfort zone 3. Keep a reading journal to track your progress 4. Take on a reading challenge, like reading one book a month 5. Visit the library or a bookstore more often 6. Follow reading-related accounts on social media for recommendations 7. Get involved in online discussion groups about books 8. Download e-books or audiobooks for times when you can’t physically read 9. Host or attend a book-themed event 10. Give books as gifts to friends and family
Choose books that resonate with you
In a world where we are constantly bombarded with choices, it can be difficult to know which books to read. However, by taking the time to focus on books that resonate with you, you can ensure that you get the most out of your reading.
One way to do this is to focus on monthly book challenges. This can help you to find books that fit into different genres and challenge you to read more than you normally would. Additionally, by taking on a personal growth challenge, you can read books that help you to improve yourself.
Of course, it is also important to consider the type of book that you want to read. If you are looking for fictional stories, then you might want to focus on modern books or classical novels. Alternatively, if you are interested in nonfiction, then you might want to read books by famous authors or indie authors.
Ultimately, the best way to ensure that you read 12 books a year is to focus on choosing books that resonate with you. By doing this, you can make sure that you get the most out of your reading and that you find books that you truly enjoy.
Create a supportive reading environment
When most people think about developing a reading habit, they think about finding time to read every day. While that’s important, it’s not the only factor that determines whether or not you’ll be successful in building a habit of reading. Just as important is creating a supportive reading environment for yourself, one that encourages and sustains your reading habit.
One way to do this is to focus on books. Make sure your home has a good selection of books, both fiction and nonfiction, and that you’re constantly adding to it. A monthly book challenge can help you stay motivated, as can setting personal goals for your reading habit (such as reading 12 books in a year).
It’s also important to be selective about the books you read. Not all books are created equal, and some are more likely to hold your interest than others. If you’re not sure where to start, ask friends or family for recommendations, or look for lists of modern classics or famous authors. And don’t forget about indie authors – there are some hidden gems out there!
By taking the time to create a supportive reading environment for yourself, you’ll be well on your way to developing a lifelong habit of reading.
Reading 12 books a year is an achievable goal for anyone who has the motivation and dedication to make it happen. With some simple strategies, such as setting aside time each day to read, taking advantage of audiobooks or ebooks, and joining book clubs or reading challenges, you can easily reach your goal of reading more in 2023. So don’t wait any longer – start making plans today so that you can enjoy all the benefits that come with being an avid reader!
Featured Image: Photo by Robert Anasch on Unsplash
Leave a Reply